8.6.06

Disappointed 30/01/2006

Nothing huge to report again. A quiet week. Ordered the film score of Crocodile Dundee at the beginning of the week. I always loved the main theme and the way it slowly builds at the end of the film as Sue runs towards the subway station as Mick is leaving town is so great I thought I should get it.

By the end of the week I'd written my review of Forrest Gump which naturally reminded me how much I liked this film. I always enjoyed the music for this film. The song music was great with tracks like Running on empty, Free bird and the Jimi Hendrix one when they go to Vietnam but these aren't on the actual movie album and it was also the orchestral music which used to cause the biggest lump. Discovered this reasonably cheap on amazon, along with the Green Mile soundtrack (what another great film but more on that another time) and ordered them both. They've still yet to arrive but it will be nice to tickle my ears with those soon. At the complete opposite end of the music spectrum on Thursday I bought Resonate 5, which is the supposed last in a line of hard trance series from Tidy.

I drove down to stay with some friends over the weekend on Friday night which allowed me to listen fully to my new album and it rocks. The first CD is ok but had about 4-5 tunes I'd heard before but the second CD was just wicked. Some really great tunes with a banging beat and coupled with chocolate eclairs and murray mints the journey down was great. So much so that I looked forward to the drive home on Sunday night to enjoy it again.

The remainder of the weekend was ok. Out and about on the saturday and went to see one of them gigging in a nearby pub. I've known this couple for about 10 years, they are the ones with the young baby who I've talked about enjoying to hold yet I discovered through a relative accidentally spilling it out that they had been married for the last two and a half years. I was surprised to say the least, not because I didn't approve, far from it. The guy is a really great bloke who I like and respect a hell of a lot and had been telling the other friend that she should hurry and marry him. No, I was surprised and disappointed by why they hadn't told me. Granted it's their news and their right to tell whoever they wish but I thought I was part of their inner circle, someone who they considered a close friend but obviously I am not. Without me realising, they had swerved me off the matter a day earlier which demonstrated that if the relative hadn't blurted it out they probably might never have told me.

Oh well, you live and learn and I tried not to let it ruin the weekend. Played with the little 'un, which I always enjoy, had a nice spag bol and enjoyed the drive home. Not much planned for the coming weekend but at least January is coming to an end and February is a short month so Spring should be here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home