8.6.06

For an angel 06/03/2006

Well a pretty banal week if I'm honest with very little excitement to report. That's ok though. I think sometimes you have to have the quiet weeks/weekends so you can appreciate the busy ones. I'm always wary of people who say every weekend is fabulous and they are always out partying. If you are out all the time then when do you stop to appreciate your busy social life or is the act of maintaining it more important that actually having something fun to do or somewhere good to go.

It was pancake day on Tuesday and we had pancakes in the office, microwavable of course. A work colleague, who does like his cadbury cream eggs and who I have seen 'dunk' a penguin into one as if it was a toasted soldier and then consume decided that as well as trying an assortment of fruit, cream, lemon and maple syrup pancakes to melt a cream egg and have that in a rolled up pancake. He pronounced it 'delicious'.

I felt a little drained come the end of the week though it wasn't particularly stressful and was fixed to my PC on Friday. I couldn't be motivated to write on my site but was mainly looking to communicate with others. The internet is an amazing tool for showing you so much information and providing so many opportunities to speak to others yet if you are feeling lonely it can seem impossibly hard to make a connection. You end up flitting from site to site to see if anyone has responded to anything you may have posted to discover that of course they haven't because everyone else is out having a great time while you are bored senseless infront of the computer.

Enjoyed a monstrous lay in on Saturday. I didn't have anything else to do so took the opportunity to put some hours into the sleep bank which was welcomed. I hired the last three discs of the final season of Angel from the video shop and after enjoying some classic fish and chips settled down for a mammoth session. About eight hours later and the morning birds chriping, I hit the sack having signed off the whole series. It was great, very watchable with some cracking fights, wonderful characters, superb writing and a fantastic story. I've been watching the series for a good few years but with no network seeming to pick up the final season this method was all that was open to me. It might seem a bit geeky but I'm comfortable in my own company and it was nice to just veg on the sofa and watch something I really enjoy. It's a shame it has finished as there were many characters that I really like but it's good to have closure and the tale to be told. Some characters died, as sometimes is needed, but the series had power and resonance and lingered long after in the mind. (see my more developed entry under Television if interested)

That was about it really bar cooking a roast dinner on Sunday. Roast chicken, sausages, veg (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in a four cheese sauce), roast pots (the only disappointment, normally the strong point but I dropped the ball a little) and some awesome gravy. Another week to come and nothing exciting planned but you never know. Speak soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home