8.6.06

No kiss kiss bang bang 21/03/2006

Not a great deal to report this week. After much convincing and recommendation from work colleagues I've relented and ordered a black ipod nano. I need some music for when I'm at the gym and after last years continued use of a Sony dicsman and big earphones I thought I should move up a gear in gym audio fashion.

I confess to not being overly concerned about how 'cool' I might look in the gym. I know the nice girls in there wouldn't give me a second glance and by the end when I'm sweating and panting I wouldn't expect anyone to look anyway. When using the discman last year it was so big that I had to hold it while jogging as it wouldn't fit in the holder meaning I ran with only the use of one arm, the other needing to keep the machine in almost perfect stability to prevent track skipping. Add to this the only headphones I owned were the big over the ears ones with the over-the-head band so I must have looked like a one armed, sweating, grunting cyberman. Now you understand why I am not concerned about gym fashion!

But this is a new year and I do think the nano's look cool, especially the black ones so I ordered one. Even before it's turned up and despite my ridiculing of others succumbing to the multitude of accessorising I am doing the same and have already got the solid plastic protective case, though I tell myself that this is protecting my investment rather than accessorising. Now I'm just adding a multitude of tracks to my play listing to ensure I have a wealth of motivational banging house music.

Hit the gym again midweek and had a very productive session on saturday. The swimming pools and gym are on different levels at my local sports centre so on Saturday, when wanting a swim, gym and steam room session I had to take two towels, a change of clothing and clamber into wet shorts for the steam session. Knackering but worthwhile. Had a drink in Chislehurst which was entertaining and listened to some complete chav in the toilets recounting to his colleague how in his 'old' days of drug dealing he could make 6,000 a week and bemoan the quality of drugs these days in how easily they crumbled. He was so out of it that he could hardly find the door of the toilet and his mate was wearing the thickest, heaviest style of hooded tracksuit available. Seriously this must have had a tog rating of beyond 25.

Saw the film Kiss kiss, bang bang on DVD which I thought was excellent. It was written and directed by Shane Black who scribed the lethal weapon films as well as last boy scout and the long kiss goodnight. As with those his script and dialogue was razor sharp yet still warm and funny enough that it wasn't overly trying to be cool, as you feel some tarantino scripts can be. You know when they seem to be more preoccupied with being cool rather than being enjoyable or enlightening. I never seem to have really liked Robert Downey Jnr, I don't know why, but his character in this and his portrayal of him was excellent. I was genuinely involved with him and could have watched him for many hours. The relationship between him and Val Kilmer was great as it was with the love interest who I found attractive. Not maybe as action packed as some of his other earlier scripts but equally as entertaining and rewarding. Were the currently available DVD not so barren in terms of special features, ie none, then a purchase would be a serious consideration. Highlight of the weekend for me though I have to say that some of the footage in Planet Earth this Sunday was pretty damn special as well. What an awesome programme this is. The photography, music and production values are exceptional and instills a sense of wonder that I've not felt for a long time, well certainly not since The Trials of Life which is one of my favourite all time wildlife series. I don't watch the Planet Earth diaries at the end as I don't want the mystique damaged.

Nothing else to report really. There was a very nice girl in the swimming pool last night. There was something about her that was a little bit special. That's not a simple oh she was wearing a bikini (which she wasn't and many others do) but she didn't seem to be with anyone, just got on with doing her lengths and seemed to possess this calm, unhurried confidence. It helped that she had a nice body but she wasn't overly displaying it and wore a classy yet practical simple black one piece and goggles. I think I'll try and get a better look at her face over the coming weeks but at least it could add a spark of interest to what is, although rewarding to my physique, a tedious exercise. Who knows she could even be on for a card! Watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home