9.6.06

4.00am cooked breakfast 03/05/2006

Not a huge amount of excitement to discuss I'm afraid. Normal stuff during the week. Thursday night was good though. I've got this new computer that came with these desk top tweeters and a box sub woofer that really do chuck it out. I get excited about the smallest things and those boys really do pump it out, due as well maybe to the acoustics of the office and few things make dance music sound better than having it loud.

Anyway stayed late on Thursday night and was listening to Trance FM on the iTunes radio and started to listen to 'A state of trance' which is a weekly two hour long mix of trance mixed and hosted by a dutch DJ called Armin van Buuren. Man, the tunes he was dropping were awesome. Melodic, tuneful tracks with a thumping trance beat which sounded fantastic through the sound rig. I love music as I'm sure you know by now and every tune that he dropped made my smile grow ever wider. I started to hunt around the web for info on him before finding his website. I registered and then found myself discussing the show with other listeners as it was playing. Madness, the internet age is a wonderful time. I was so impressed that that even while it was playing I tracked down some CD's that he'd done and bought one online.

I should know about these DJ's but I found that the superstar DJ's of the late 90's (fatboy slim, pete tong etc) never impressed me. They always seemed to play non commital, banal house that never fired me up and because of this I began to assume that if new DJ's were popular and big time they would be the same. How wrong was I. Tiesto impressed me last year and Armin has really fired me up. He's a guy that seems to know his shit both in choice of other tunes to play and also the creation of his own.

What better advertisement for the internet than the wonder of hearing some great mixing and tunes, doing some investigating, chatting to others in the know and making a purchase while you are still listening to the mix. It's times like this where I wish I was younger so I could embrace the opportunities that the internet age really opens up. I only say this because I'm a little bit older than most that listen to this kind of music and thus I think probably unnerve others when I can't control my excitement. I think 34 year olds are meant to be more restrained and reserved.

Friday was a work colleagues birthday and thus we normally always get some kind of junk food for lunch. I'm a simple man and again due to my elevation of the most mundane things bounded out of bed with the concept of a 'hot lunch' to look forward to. The birthday boy made his choice, McDonalds (nice) and then threw down the gauntlet of wanting two double quarterpounders. I wasn't going to let him attempt that challenge alone. Unfortunately we got caught in traffic coming back so by the time we sat down the burgers had been in the box for probably longer than they should have. Never mind, I tucked into them with joy. I found my cheeks begin to turn rosy coloured and my belly quickly fill. Halfway through the second one and I could feel the 'wall' approaching but a quick change of tack with a handily placed chicken nugget helped steer me through to a satisfying close. I felt stuffed and sated and had to resort to a mid afternoon red bull to prevent a slide into 'full belly fatigue'.

Headed out on saturday night to Infernos again. Went with an old friend and it was nice to have three of us heading out. I did my best to get drunk and went for it a bit in the early part but a lack of female interaction curbed my enthusiasm. We chatted to a couple of girls but it was just in passing and none really caught my eye (as I'm sure I didn't for them) and hence there were no card receivers. Strange isn't it. I only produced sixteen of these and thought they would be flying out but proving the theory of when you look you don't find I can't seem to see anyone worthy of receiving them.

Granted this might sound arrogant and shallow but it isn't meant to be. Normally on nights out I will see at least one girl that I think is quite cute. I ain't that good at chatting up so rather than walking by and thinking she was nice or paying a one off compliment this way I can give them something that might be a little different. If they choose to read my site before tearing up the card and something makes them smile then great. If they don't then no harm done but at least it leaves the chance that they might contact. As I said to someone recently, sometimes the possibility of 'maybe' is better than the reality of 'never'. It's yet to work though.

By the end of the night I was drunk but not uncontrollably so. Got in at about 4.00am ish and was mucho hungry. Why wait for breakfast I thought, if I have it now it might soak up the alcohol and lessen the chance of a hangover. Being drunk can lead to overconfidence and a blurring of what is sensible but as I was alone and no concern of waking anyone created myself a plate of sausages, fried eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, toast and a glass of milk. Needless to say I ate well, slept better and felt great the next day or later in the day. What a date I'd make eh. Take a girl out, act chivalrously, be the type to dance and have fun rather than remain moodily motionless, take her home, cook her a slap up breakfast and then love her in the bedroom like she's never been loved!! I should just draw a line.

A little sunday morning lay in and then watched a cracking MotoGP. As I've said before Valentino Rossi is no doubt very talented but this talent can make the races very pedestrian but in this he was back in 8th or 9th while the leaders where literally duking it out like I've not seen in a long time. New boys Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa where riding superbly and both look like bringing such a breath of fresh air to the season. Normally the excitement on these races peters out near the end as everyone settles for their positions but in this race they were battling to the very end. Sensational stuff and I can't wait for the next one which is in China.

Headed to a local bar in the evening where I wore the Geek t-shirt. Only two comments really. One from a girl who was surrounded by a sea of men and one from another guy who thought it amusing. It was an okay night but as I was driving it wasn't a mad, drunken, dancing night (not that I need to drink to dance). Due to the red bulls I'd drunk and not having eaten since the full english the morning before I developed some hunger shakes half way through the night. Dropped some people off and some tortilla crisps with a sour cream dip helped push the pangs away. Monday was an even lazier day. I know I sound dreadful but it saves cash, recharges the batteries and does allow me to do some housework. The coming week at work could be busy with a long day planned for Thursday with the election etc. Hang tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home