8.6.06

A little female interaction 10/04/2006

So what exciting things did I do during the last week I hear you cry. I didn't find love or enlightenment, just tried to muddle through as everyone else does I guess. Monday was swimming, goggles were tighter and the water less chlorinated so I know you'll be delighted to hear that my eyes weren't rendered sore and unsightly. Mid week went to Ikea, which as readers of my observations will note I always enjoy. Meatballs and meandering dreams of homely bliss are always a nice way of breaking up the week.

I did see Elizabethtown at the beginning of the week. It was ok but Orlando Bloom doesn't, I think, have star power to hold the audience (well certainly not me) and I didn't warm to Kirsten Dunst. Two highlights though were a. the scene where the two leads had this mammoth talking session on their mobile phones. I liked that because I've always liked the idea of when you make a real connection with someone not wanting it to stop. A lot of women (not all) that I've encountered since my late 20's are always seeming to want to put things off to another day. There is never any spontaneity, never running with the energy, living for today or preparing to break your routine for something a little special. They always have to be so pre-ordained, so "let's talk another day, I'm tired" or "I want to get an early night". I really love that live for the now, go getting attitude and get frustrated when I encounter it's safe, boring counterpart. Anyway this was one part that I liked and the other was a great rendition of Free Bird played at the wake of Orlando's dads funeral. Always good to hear that wicked song.

A friend in the office got me a couple of t-shirts printed, both in black. One of them had my website on the back and the other, borrowing the idea and tagline from Film Geek, had the word "Geek" printed on the front and "My Knowledge. Your Misery" printed on the back. Some might think it stupid but I think it's class and may make someone laugh.

Gym on Thursday and went out on Friday after work. I was driving but the venue was good and there were a lot of honey's in there. The tingle of an oncoming spot had my self confidence lower than normal though nothing seemed to materialise. They had a DJ in there and around 9.30-10.00 ish he began to drop some quality 70's -80's cheese and I felt my feet begin to tap. Footloose came on and that was it, the touch paper was lit and I was off. With one of my mates, who used to be a great dancing partner, we hit the small dance floor and gave it all we had, and I confess it was fairly spectacular. Other people were clapping along and we got down to the music. I really love a good dance and even if sober strive to get everyone else going whether friends or complete strangers. Though this is normally in the form of clapping and returning smiles to their points and stares. I would never force anyone to dance as some people do, I just prefer to encourage. You can't beat a good boogie can you and once I've gone through the first dance and it's accompanying self conscious paranoia I might aswell be drunk because I really don't care.

Grabbing my crotch, belting out the words, rubbing up against walls, anything to enjoy myself or make those around laugh or join in. I had one guy who seemed to be with another couple 'bigging me up' with cheers and claps. It was nice that he was having a good time but I'm aware that without a female attached to my shoulder I probably do look a little gay with my high camp antics! Back to a friends afterwards for a tea and a glass of champagne for the others before returning home in the early hours.

To be honest I couldn't be arsed to do a great deal on Saturday and when I realised that the MotoGP was on (as opposed to Sunday) a cup of tea and a relax on the sofa was in order. Some xbox followed and then headed out to catch a film and something to eat. Saw the Inside Man which was ok and although clever didn't seem to be as satisfying as I'd hoped it might be. A chinese followed and then down to a local bar. I wished I'd worn my Geek t-shirt but thought I might not have got in without a collar. I needn't have worried but there is always next time. I spied this one girl whilst we were having a drink and amazingly about fifteen minutes later she came over with a friend to have a chat, though I'm sure this was down to my accompanying friend who is tall and good looking.

She had a great slim figure, an attractive face and just a wonderful set of emotive eyes. It's been a long time since I chatted to a girl in a nightclub and it took me a bit of time to find my stride. I think she was quite drunk and when talking to me or my mate would have her arm round our necks and be pressed up close. I know it was probably just her way and that her personal body space boundaries were shot to shit due to being drunk but I can't deny that it didn't feel great. The music wasn't excessively loud but she felt the need to get her mouth right into my ear when she talked to me and I could feel her slim little body leaning into mine. It was nice to feel the presence of a girl so close and once or twice I'd put my arm round her waist to steady her and that also felt pretty good. As I said she was doing the same to my friend so I was trying not to delude myself that she was in anyway attracted to me.

She was an estate agent which I used to be and I did feel a connection because of this but I could tell she was certainly more of the 'salesy' type that I never was and far more concerned with her performance and exceeding targets etc. She was intriguing, fascinating and very pretty and because of all this highly unlikely to be single. I chatted to her friend when she was talking to my mate and we bought them a few drinks. They headed off downstairs to do some dancing and I thought that was the last we would see of them. She was very flirtatious and I gathered it wouldn't be long before the blokes descended on her like hungry wolves.

We decided to get one more drink and they surprisingly returned. I thought I would become a little more cheeky with her, which was fun and we engaged in a little banter. Closing time came, they were getting a cab and after the bouncer who asked us to move along had tried to hit on her, she waved and then went. We didn't hang around either and my mate dropped me home. It made a nice change for once to spend the evening chatting to a couple of girls and I confess that my mind strayed to her a number of times as I attempted unsuccessfully to get some sleep, due in no small part to the three or four cans of red bull that I'd consumed. I didn't give her a card although I did have them with me. I think she was a little out of my league, probably high maintenance and too tipsy to even remember me.

With no F1, no Motogp and no Planet Earth the Sunday was looking a little bleak so a quick scoot to the shops for the ingredients of a fine roast chicken dinner and a couple of DVD's were required. Brother and I watched Friday Night Lights which I think is a really good American football film. Although not quite as good as my favourite, Remember the Titans, it was good to see it again. The film makes more of an effort to show how the fortunes of a college football team can affect the small hick town (in this case Odessa, Texas) and the resulting pressures on the team and coach to perform well. I never performed particularly well in sports at school but watching these college football films makes you wonder how big a 'face' you could be if you were a player, or even a key player, in the college football team. They do all take it really seriously and as well as contemplating the obvious benefits of your college life in being a player, you wonder how hard it must be to get noticed if you don't play. Either way it's a very good film, with some standout performances and an excellent guitar based accompanying score.

We also watched Doom, which I saw at the pictures, and is a lot better than you would expect it to be. Granted it ain't no shakespeare but I do like the Rock and the way the story dealt with the creation of mutants and supermen through the missing genome was quite clever. The first person piece which lasted about five minutes and obviously was a nod to the film was very well done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home