9.6.06

The first card 15/05/2006

Going swimming has fired me up to pursue the healthy-ish thing again and also a point that my brother made about wasting the gym membership fee. On Wednesday I hit it with renewed vigour and felt better for it though my legs were certainly a little tight afterwards. Headed to Sainsburys afterwards where my basket recognized my attempt at eating less. I'm not a huge fan for healthy eating, don't like salads you see so I look at it that eating less will have to suffice. Came out to discover that in a virtually deserted car park at 11.00pm someone still had to park right next to me in their rusty piece of shit. Why do people do this? It's like someone sitting next to you in the cinema when it's virtually empty.

I've been chatting with this girl in the states via an almost weekly email and it's been nice. She's intelligent, sassy and writes well, which I like. So refreshing to communicate with similar thinkers and receive meaty emails rather than two line, content free ones. She sent me this url to a website showing something called the Evolution of Dance. It's basically this comic doing a six minute session dancing to songs from the 60's to present day. He's got some great moves and is very funny. I played it in the office and it was nice to have everyone round my desk laughing out loud and enjoying it. They all asked me to forward it on to them so hopefully I'll do my bit to continue it's dominance of the globe.

It's been an internet-y week this week. The Halo 3 announcement trailer was released this week at E3 and I downloaded it the day it came out. It doesn't give a great deal away with regards to gameplay, weapons, enemies etc but it was created using the X360 and the actual game engine. It rocks and it's nice to feel the first embryonic excitement in the first initial phases. The graphics look great, there are hints about Cortana and the fate of the Earth and the music is as inspirational as ever. I got the office to gather round, to be fair I 'd waited for my friend to see it and everyone gathered when he did. It probably meant little to them but at least they will have been at the beginning and may understand the hype and my excitement when it comes crashing in, in 2007.

Having missed it last Thursday I made sure to tune into a State of Trance this Thursday. It naturally delivered and I was on his board communicating with others whilst it played. Amazing, the power of the internet. Being able to post how much you like a particular tune as it's playing and it be read by people from around the world who are listening to it at the same, wicked!
The sun made a genuine appearance towards the end of the week and by Friday it was warm enough for me to wear shorts. I love the summer. I could never really enjoy it at other jobs due to having to wear a shirt and tie and then not being allowed to have the air con on after having been out and about because the girls in their summery dresses would get cold. Where I am now though I can fully enjoy it. Shorts, t-shirts, the lot. Driving into work seems better while the summer is a novelty but having the windows open, shades on and being enchanted by the women in their summery clothes reminds you that this is a great time of year.

Really hit the gym on Saturday with gusto. At one point I cranked up the running machine to 15.5. It's funny how you get used to running and not going anywhere but flat out sprinting on the machine and not moving is still a little weird. Makes you realise how pounding the action is when you sprint because the impacts of your feet hitting the machine are certainly loud. Good workout, plenty of sweat and felt knackered.

Popped out for a drink and the cinema on Saturday night. The first pub that we hit had a girl in it who simply had the largest boobs I've ever seen in the flesh. We are talking Lindsey Dawn McKenzie size. My eyes nearly fell out of my head when they initially appeared. The pub was cheesy with it's above average quota of chavs and a dance floor on the first floor with a see through glass floor and ringed by a waist high wall. This made it perfect for guys to rest their pints and simply stare in at the girls on the dance floor. The huge boobed girl was dancing within the ring and practically every guy was staring or trying not to and the girl knew that she had everyone's attention. In a way I was intrigued to wonder what her life must be like. I mean she wasn't hiding them in a baggy top and they were there for the world to see but it makes you wonder what calibre of guy has the balls to actually talk to her. Is it possible that she would ever chat to a nice guy or does the law of the jungle come into play and only the arrogant, lug heads dare try it on with her.

I mean I can't say that I wasn't physically attracted to these huge, young puppies. I wouldn't be a tit man if I didn't admit that the thought of doing the 'motorboat' between them didn't cross my mind but I was fascinated by what her personality must be like. She obviously hadn't got to the stage where she couldn't stand the unwanted attention they brought and was maximising them to their fullest, ripest potential. And why not, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. At least 50% of the guys in there would have loved to have got hold of her and it makes you consider what implication that knowledge has on your psyche. When you look in the mirror before going out and know that without fail, and with very little character based input, that physically you could pretty much pull almost any guy that night wherever you went. That's an incredible power don't you think?

I mean you see cocky guys who say they are going to bed someone that night (and their confidence always staggers me) but they can't always guarantee that will not have to lower their standards to go for the ropiest, most drunken slapper they can find, so the confidence this girl must have must be mind bending. Makes you wonder at what point this confidence is rudely smashed by the knowledge that few guys are interested in the person she is and just the huge tits she was blessed with. It is also related in someway to my posting about good looking girls not bothering to develop humour or the ability to converse because they don't need to. Will this girl be the same?

I'm not saying the cheesy I would like to get to know her mind but I would almost have been fascinated to talk to her for ten minutes, hear her voice and see if my thoughts on her personality were true. In a way I envy her for the amazing sexual pulling power that she must have every night which allows her to virtually pick and choose who she wants to spend an evening with. But I also feel sorry for her of the quality of men that she is likely to come across and for that moment when the attention becomes unwanted and the realisation hits that she is more than just a girl with a huge pair and a very low cut top and wants to be recognized as such.

We moved on to another pub and I got served at the bar by this impossibly cute barmaid. Now this was someone in a completely different league. She had a cracking little figure, long brown hair, a lovely face and maybe due to being in the first days as a barmaid was surprisingly polite and cheerful. To boot she had a great smile and nice eyes. She must have been in her first weekend working as she was getting a little confused with the till. Her male co-workers seemed to enjoy working with her and blocking or obstructing her at times to force a form of playful bodily contact. It's understandable I guess as she had a body worth touching and she seemed to enjoy playing along. I've always wanted to work in a bar and maybe this kind of interactive tomfoolery is what I've been missing out on. Decided that I should give her one of my cards, which means she would be the first to receive them. I realised that the timing wouldn't be ideal in a crowded bar but I thought she was special and the kind of girl that I'd created the cards for. Besides there was no way I could chat her up so a card was the only way of thinking there could be any further contact. I paid for the drinks and handed her the card. I had wanted it to be right but in a busy bar who was I kidding. She took it not really understanding what it was and appeared to simply tuck it under the till. I headed over to the crew, frustrated a little maybe that she'd misinterpreted what I'd meant by it. Maybe I also began to realise how silly it was what I was doing. I mean giving someone a card of your website, how incredibly arrogant is that. Well I guess it is but no different from giving someone your number but at least this way they can make a bit more of an informed decision. I must explain at this point what the cards are like. They are quite subtle in my book and were designed by a good friend. Quality card with the website address printed in grey in the middle. No telephone numbers or supplementary information, just the web address. Hopefully they arouse some curiosity factor if nothing else. If anyone has seen American Psycho and the business card section in it then you'll have a better idea of what I was aiming for.

My round came again and I returned to the bar just as she became free. She gave me a nice smile and I gave my order. I checked with her that she had the card which she sais yes and then asked what it was. I said a surprise and that it was purely innocent. She looked concerned and I tried to reassure her, christ would they all be this difficult? She asked again what it was and I realised how foolish and disappointed she might look if I said "yeah, its the address of my website". I can imagine most, if not all of the responses will be yeah and..........? I finished by saying that it was meant as a compliment and nothing more.

I'm sure she won't check it and if she does will either be horrified at my geekness or contact the police to issure a restraining order. At the end of the day there's no pont in having the cards if I'm not going to hand them out and if only 1 in 10 girls takes the time to look at the site and 1 in a 100 actually read it then I need to be handing them out more. She was a lovely girl though and her face did linger for the remainder of the weekend.

Hit the cinema to see Mission Impossible III and I got to say that I was impressed. I wasn't blown away by the first one and thought the second plain ridiculous. But I like Tom Cruise and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Well this was action packed right from the get go. It still had some fantastical stuff but this time tempered it with logic and explanation of how and why it was achieved. Show the audience what you are doing and they will buy into it so much more and I certainly did. There were other realistic touches that you wouldn't expect like running out of ammo and easy ways of blocking comms channels. It was also good that Ethan appeared a lot more dangerous. He had the Matt Damon - Bourne Identity about him and you really felt that he was capable of taking apart most people in a fight, which he frequently did. The fights and set pieces were all enjoyable, crunching and wildly exciting. It also featured a deliciously beautiful Gallardo in orange. Man my dreams have been answered. As readers of my motoring section will know if I won the lottery I'd have to buy a Gallardo but don't know what colour to get. Now I do. It's still bright and eye catching, it's bold, it doesn't hide the lines and it isn't yellow. Good film and worth the entrance fee without a doubt. Maybe this summer film season can deliver, fingers crossed.

Nice to see Dani Pedrosa win his first MotoGP on Sunday and it continues to make the championship the most interesting since I started watching them. Had a top chicken roast for tea. Man I love bird flu if it means a medium chicken feeding 2-3 cost £3.39 yet a large feeding 4-5 cost only 50p more. Always worth upgrading as you can never have too much chicken! Watched Bad Boys II again on sunday night, what a great, entertaining film that is. The perfect film for Michael Bay's style of flashy, more sizzle, long lingering slo mo shots style of film making. Agreed that it's hardly high brow stuff but with it's collection of wisecracks, fast cars, explosions, guns, hot birds and copy buddy chemistry is there a better blokes film? Talk soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home